4 Tips For A Smooth Vacation Rental Check-In
A smooth check-in process plays a big role in the success of your vacation rental. If your guests have any issue to get inside the property, their stay is not getting off to a good start. Having said that, WarmRental is sharing a few tips to help you ensure a smooth vacation rental check-in in order to show your guests that you are a thoughtful and professional host.
1. Do a final walk-through.
The first step for a smooth vacation rental check-in is to do a final walk-through before your guests arrive to guarantee that everything is OK. Create a checklist of items to verify, such as:
- Is the property completely clean and tidy?
- Are appliances, electronics, and AC working properly?
- Is the bathroom stocked with enough supplies?
- Does the code you gave to your guests open the door?
If you want to go the extra mile, make sure that your property feels like home. To show that you are a thoughtful host, you can even leave a welcome pack with some treats as a gift to your guests or just a welcome letter.
2. Share all the details of the check-in process with your guests.
Another important thing is to share all the details of the check-in process with your guests so that they know how to find the property and how to get inside.
- Give them detailed directions of the property’s location;
- Give them instructions on how to access the property;
- Give them your contact in case they have trouble getting to your property or have any questions during their stay.
3. Be available.
Even if you gave clear instructions, there are still guests that will have trouble getting inside your property. That being said, it’s important to be available and ready to help them. And if you can’t be available, nominate someone else who can.
4. Give clear check-out instructions.
Although this article is focused on the check-in process, it’s also important to make sure that guests check-out on time so that your property can be ready on time to welcome new guests. That said, be detailed on how and when they should arrive and leave the property.
Do you have any extra tips for a smooth vacation rental check-in?